SeaStar is a safe, welcoming place, where different agencies and services work together to improve the way our community responds to concerns of child abuse.
As a leader in Atlantic Canada, SeaStar’s innovative approach brings together professionals from law enforcement, child welfare, health care, mental health, and the justice system. Our aim is to create one integrated approach to investigation, assessment, and treatment of suspected violence or abuse.
- Coordinated, one-stop services
- Welcoming environment, designed specifically for children and youth
- Calm, comfortable interview room
- Specialized medical assessment (if needed)
- Personalized, ongoing support from a Child and Youth Advocate
- Free workshops
- Accredited Facility Dog support
- Mental Health services
- Enhanced communication across agencies