SeaStar is a safe, welcoming place, where different agencies and services work together to improve the way our community responds to concerns of child abuse.
As a leader in Atlantic Canada, SeaStar’s innovative approach brings together professionals from law enforcement, child welfare, health care, mental health, and justice systems. Our aim is to create one integrated approach to investigation, assessment, and treatment of suspected violence or abuse.
- Coordinated, one-stop services
- Welcoming environment, designed specifically for children and youth
- Calm, comfortable interview room
- Specialized medical assessment (if needed)
- Personalized, ongoing support from a child and youth advocate
- Free workshops
- Accredited facility dog support
- Help assessing options for mental health services
- Enhanced communication across agencies
If you are concerned that a child or youth is at risk, contact the Department of Community Services or Mi’kmaw Family & Children’s Services office where the child lives. After regular business hours, call 1 (866) 922-2434.